Debriker une Bbox 2 Belgacom [Experimental]
En cherchant un peu sur la toile j’ai trouvé ceci sur la Bbox 2:
There is a way to flash it without jtag, when you hold the reset button while you turn the bbox2 on it performs a recovery network boot via tftp, to make it work:
1) Install a dhcp server and tftp server on your computer.
2) Give your computer address 192.168.5.2 (address the box will search on for a tftp server)
3) Configure your dhcp server to give an address in the range 192.168.5.3 – 192.168.5.254.
4) Start the tftp server and put the firmware you wish to boot with (one that works) on the tftp root with filename « 0305A8C0.img »
5) Press the on button while holding the reset button.
6) When you think it is fully booted, put your ethernet connection back to using dhcp, request an ip and connect to your box as usual, it should be accessible.
7) This firmware will only be used to boot once. When you reboot, the old firmware will be back in place and it will be just as broken. So use this time to flash a new firmware that does work.
I’m not certain the addresses and filename mentioned here will be identical for every box, you can use wireshark to monitor your ethernet connection to see what is going on. The traffic you are interested in is a dhcp request from the bbox2, followed by a dhcp offer from your computer, followed by a tftp download request to a certain ip (192.168.5.2) and for a certain file (0305A8C0.img). Then you should clearly see your computer send the file.
Utile en cas de crash d’une Bbox 2 😀